UFC on Fuel TV 2 is tomorrow afternoon for the thirteen or fourteen people in North America who actually get that channel.
All cable snark aside, it’s actually a solid card in terms of fight quality. The full live card from Sweden, which starts at 3:00pm EST:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva Gotta go with Gustafsson on this one. His chin is untested, but he’s a smarter and more diverse fighter and Silva’s coming off a year-long layoff.
- Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara Both fighters are better than I think a lot of people give them credit for. Stann, however, has been a much more consistent fighter.
- Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Dennis Siver vs. Diego Nunes I’m still not sure why Siver decided one loss to Cerrone was enough to warrant a drop in weight class. He had a lot of trouble yesterday getting the scale to 145, taking three attempts before all was said and done. He’s big enough to fight at 170. He’s a damn good fighter, but I’m not comfortable with this cut at all.
- DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
- Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page Pickett all the way.
Preliminary Card starting at 12:30pm (will be streamed online via UFC’s Facebook Page)
- James Head vs. Papy Abedi
- Tom DeBlass vs. Cyrille Diabate
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Francis Carmont
- Yoislandy Izquierdo vs. Reza Madadi
- Besam Yousef vs. Simeon Thoresen
- Jason Young vs. Eric Wisely