Vinny Magalhaes, fed up with M-1′s antics after they held him up in contract limbo for half a year, has put his title belt up for sale on eBay.
Magalhaes won the M-1 Challenge Light Heavyweight Championship (which means he’s the champion of…M-1 Challenge? Like just that particular show? Is that like a TV Title? Is he Arn Anderson?) back in October 2011, and to show his appreciation, he’s saying “screw those guys” and getting more money out of the belt itself than he ever would have out of pseudo-oligarch Evgeni Kogan and his business associates that I’m sure aren’t shady Russian mobsters.
Amazingly, bidding is all the way up to $100,000.
ONE. HUNDRED. THOUSAND. DOLLARS. FOR THE GODDAMN M-1 CHALLENGE BELT.
I could see paying a few thousand for it on a lark if you had more money than you knew what to do with, but who on Earth would pay that kind money for this belt?
I have a few theories:
- Joe Rogan, after getting really fucking high after recording a podcast.
- Evgeni Kogan, trying to save face.
- A Russian mobster One of Evgeni’s former business associates, who will hold the belt for ransom.
- Some damn kid who thinks fake bids are real funny until their father gets a bill in the mail for $100,000 and every bit of that is coming out of your allowance, young man!
- Vladimir Putin, who will wear the belt during the next installment of those creepy call-in shows where he tells people he is the snake Kaa from The Jungle Book and that he will hypnotize and swallow them whole. I’m not making that last part up.