Ah, sweet relief.
Now that the play (and my acting “career”) is over, I have my social life back. I can look forward to things like getting people together for the occasional UFC fight card, and every other night saying “you know, I’m just exhausted and would just as rather stay in.”
Yes, it’ll be great to get my social life back. I’m such a rock star.
And just in time, too, since “Lost” aired its finale and now I don’t have to sit around a table and stare blankly at everyone while they talk about smoke monsters and parallel universes and all that other stuff. No longer will people make a joke about Jack and Hurley, followed by me saying “ha! Yeah, did you see ‘Treme’ this week? I nearly gave Big Chief a standing ovation when he told the Councilman’s assistant to stick that FEMA trailer where the sun don’t shine.” Cue blank stares.
Someone asked me, what’re you going to do with all this free time? To which I half-jokingly responded “what free time?” But in all seriousness, what am I going to do to occupy all those long nights?
- Write a play. I’ve set a deadline for myself to finish my first full-length by July 15th. Then I just have to find out what paperwork I fill out to be eligible for a Pulitzer.
- Get back to my gym routine, which was a minimum of 4-6 times a week before all this play nonsense started.
- Read no less than four books by the end of August. It’s really shameful how little leisure reading I’ve done over the course of the last couple years. I blame the internet for distracting me and making me dumber. Yes.
- Go and see a concert. Hopefully someone’s playing locally that I actually care enough about to pay money and invest time in seeing.
- Have an actual date at some point. You know, one that might actually lead somewhere. And no, I won’t blog about it. Sorry.
So what’re your big Summer plans?
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This