What do they have in common?
ME, baby, ME!
Also, they’re both happening this weekend.
Tomorrow I’l be running the “Race Away Stigma” 5K Walk & Fun Run at HVCC. The race seeks to promote tolerance, understanding, and awareness of mental health issues. More info is HERE.
My expectations are pretty low…the last few weeks have been kind of crappy for training, and I actually didn’t run this week at all. I might not even set a goal for myself, but it should at least be a good way for me to kick off training for the Troy Turkey Trot in November.
Sunday I’ll be heading to the Albany Comic Con on Wolf Road. A lot of talent will be there, and many local businesses – including Troy-based Aquilonia Comics – will have plenty of great deals on books, merchandise, and more. Plus, comic legend Ron Marz will be on hand.
Perhaps the most intriguing offering – besides the costume contest which is bound to be entertaining to say the least – is the variant edition of Keith Dallas’s “Argonauts” which will feature cover art depicting none other than Nipper.
The show runs from 10:00am until 4:00pm and is only $5, damnit, so check it out! Official website is HERE.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This