Two weeks ago today, on the precipice of a three-day weekend, Maria Carillo High School in Santa Rosa, California held its annual Martin Luther King, Jr. assembly.
As the students, faculty, staff and administrators present prepped themselves for what I’m sure they thought would be a pedestrian remembrance ceremony, High School senior Kayla Kearney was waiting in the wings. What she did, and the words she spoke, rank amongst the the bravest and most inspiring things I’ve seen.
Surely, it’s better than anything I ever did in High School in front of a room full of people.
See the complete video below.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This