Tonight (Friday): First Friday in Albany. Plenty of free music, food, art galleries, and a lot more. Also, fellow local blogger and reader Alan Ilagan is curating an exhibit at the newly-renamed Pride Center on Hudson Ave. For a full list of events and participants, click here.
This week – Egypt, local music, and passive-aggressive comments from insecure egomaniacs. This…is Blogorama.
WE’RE YOUR SOURCE: This Week on the Times Union Blogs
The Last Throes of a Dictator (Muslim Women)
Schadenfreude and Blogging (Chuck Miller)
Sean Rowe’s “American” Video Released (Arts Talk / Michael Janairo)
The Burden of Being Thin (Amanda Talar)
100 Sled Dogs Killed (Dog-Owned Life)
Try Enforcement, Not 2:00am Last Call (Table Hopping)
More amazingness is after the jump.
IN OUR AREA CODE
- Essay Contest for Teens will end 2 teens to Albany’s Russian Sister City (All Over Albany)
- Song of the Week (Nippertown)
- Dear Weather Channel… (Indie Albany)
MEANWHILE, IN THE REST OF THE WORLD…
- Answer to Basic “Who” Questions About Egypt (Salon.com)
- Answer to Basic “What” Questions About Egypt (Salon.com)
- Profile of Jack Nicholson: “I don’t feel irresistible anymore” (The Daily Mail)
- Review: The Unwritten (Superheroes, Etc.)
- Review of “Lemmy” (Jaded Scenester NYC)
- King of Slobs: The Story of Joe E. Ross (WFMU’s Beware of the Blog)
- Dariusz Klimczak (Photoart)
- Jeremy Blincoe (Photography)
- Richard Renaldi’s “Touching Strangers”
- Tom Hanuka (illustrations)
Got links? Share ‘em.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This