Tonight (Friday): First Friday in Albany. Plenty of free music, food, art galleries, and a lot more. Also, fellow local blogger and reader Alan Ilagan is curating an exhibit at the newly-renamed Pride Center on Hudson Ave. For a full list of events and participants, click here.
This week – Egypt, local music, and passive-aggressive comments from insecure egomaniacs. This…is Blogorama.
WE’RE YOUR SOURCE: This Week on the Times Union Blogs
The Last Throes of a Dictator (Muslim Women)
Schadenfreude and Blogging (Chuck Miller)
Sean Rowe’s “American” Video Released (Arts Talk / Michael Janairo)
The Burden of Being Thin (Amanda Talar)
100 Sled Dogs Killed (Dog-Owned Life)
Try Enforcement, Not 2:00am Last Call (Table Hopping)
More amazingness is after the jump.
IN OUR AREA CODE
- Essay Contest for Teens will end 2 teens to Albany’s Russian Sister City (All Over Albany)
- Song of the Week (Nippertown)
- Dear Weather Channel… (Indie Albany)
MEANWHILE, IN THE REST OF THE WORLD…
- Answer to Basic “Who” Questions About Egypt (Salon.com)
- Answer to Basic “What” Questions About Egypt (Salon.com)
- Profile of Jack Nicholson: “I don’t feel irresistible anymore” (The Daily Mail)
- Review: The Unwritten (Superheroes, Etc.)
- Review of “Lemmy” (Jaded Scenester NYC)
- King of Slobs: The Story of Joe E. Ross (WFMU’s Beware of the Blog)
- Dariusz Klimczak (Photoart)
- Jeremy Blincoe (Photography)
- Richard Renaldi’s “Touching Strangers”
- Tom Hanuka (illustrations)
Got links? Share ‘em.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.