Everyone else as burned out on Charlie Sheen as I am? Good. Because this week’s collection of links contain nary a single article related to his extended manic episode.
As I write this, I’m watching fights and packing for a weekend in New York City. Going to see some family members, non-related Marshalls, and my friend Brian and Marla that are like a brother and sister to me except they’re also a couple which makes it weird.
Anyway, y’all hold it down here in the Capital Region and I’ll be back on Monday, when this blog will be relaunched under a new title and a new brand. That’s right! Get excited!
This week – A fighter with a heart gives a liver, bullies with bullhorns, booty in the Bible and more. This…is Blogorama.
WE’RE YOUR SOURCE: This Week on the Times Union Blogs
Shannon Miller: a fighter recovers (Boxing in the Capital Region)
Learning to forgive (High School Blog / Tobi Walsh)
Bullhorn Bullies (Libby Post)
The horse-drawn carriage (Animal Rights)
Booting booty from the Bible (Rev. Alan Rudnick)
Fighting Words (Ed Dague)
Are you squeezing more life out of your products? (Simpler Living)
The memoir project (Daniel Nester)
More amazingness is after the jump.
IN OUR AREA CODE
- WNYT’s Dan Bazile on his cameo in “The Adjustment Bureau” (All Over Albany)
- The Black Socks Scandal of 2011 (Keyboard Krumbs)
- Police: The Good Guys? (Albany Lawyer)
MEANWHILE, IN THE REST OF THE WORLD…
- The website for the film “Space Jam” is still active…and hasn’t been updated (OMG Facts)
- I want to be in a Celeb Twitter war (Tom the Blog, NY) @TomTheBlogNY Bring it on, bitch.
- Nine lives, set to music (We Who Are About to Die)
- A word on d-bags (Letters to You)
- Review: “The Illussionist” (Superheroes, Etc.)
- Liam Gallagher reviews “King of Limbs” (Stereogum) I wish I could say I disagree with him, but…
- The Easy Bake oven has cooked its last cupcake (Wendalicious)
- When athletes attack! (Jeff Pearlman)
- Why you should listen to the rap group Odd Future, even though it’s hard (NPR Music)
- Where children sleep (Fubiz)
- Hengki Koentjoro (photography)
- Harmony at the Guangzhou Opera House (WebUrbanist)
- Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix delayed (Dave Meltzer) Here we go…
- Jon Fitch ties record for most strikes thrown in a single round (Fight Metric)
- Bellator signs top five featherweight Marlon Sando (MMAjunkie)
- Jorge Santiago signs with UFC, meets Brian Stann at UFC 130 (MMAjunkie)
- Brian Ebersole explains why he shaved his chest hair into the shape of an up arrow (MMAFighting.com)
- What’s next for Jon Fitch? (Fight Opinion)
Got links? Share ‘em.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.