Four days. That’s how long I’m out of the area and everything goes to Hell.
I’m still down here in New York (transferred to Brooklyn from the isle of Manhattan to see my adorable nephew), and I tried calling three different offices at work and didn’t get an answer. I felt like Scatman Crothers in “The Shining” and thought I was going to have to drive up there in a snowcat.
Turns out it was worse than I thought. Power outages every which way, the Thruway closing, Rensselaer County declaring an emergency, snow, ice…meanwhile, we have a little wind and even that’s not enough to stop my brother and I from making plans to take Caden into the city. And it was gorgeous down here on Saturday. I mean, my God.
So while I was going to use today to say that there’s no new blog post, I’ll instead note that this is about all you’re getting and you may not get one tomorrow depending on whether or not my bus back up to Albany is cancelled.
So you may see something tomorrow, or you may not. I just ask that you people keep your s*** together long enough for me to have something to come back to.
God speed, 518. God speed.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This