This week will be focused on helping our team meet its goal of raising $5,000 for the Special Olympics of NY as part of their “Over the Edge” fundraising event.
Today and tomorrow I’ll be highlighting my two teammates in this effort and what they’re offering in exchange for your donation. First up is Meghan Mae. From the woman herself:
NAME: Meghan (Mae) Nolan
HOMETOWN: Pine Island, NY (Guinness World Record for producing most onions per capita)
CURRENTLY RESIDING: Queensbury, NY (named after Queen Charlotte, wife of George III, the sad monarch who lost the colonies to the rebels – re: us)
FEAR OF HEIGHTS ON A SCALE OF 1 to 10: Zero? Less than?
WHY ARE YOU RAPPELLING?: To raise money for the Special Olympics & all of it’s KICKASS participants!
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SAY: I <3 kittens & puppies.
Meghan, an avid baker, is offering her truly awesome concoctions in exchange for your donations. Here’s what you can get:
$50 will bake & send you 2 dozen cookies of your choice OR one dozen of cupcakes
- $100 will bake & send you a cheesecake or pie of your choice
- $250 will make & send you you one baked good or 2 dozen cookies of your choice every week for a month!
And, as a reminder, every little bit helps, even if it’s just $5. And all donations make the giver eligible to win a $25 gift card from Target.
It should be mentioned, too, that Meghan is donating her time and efforts to this fundraiser even while getting ready for her wedding. So an extra special thanks for her time!
Over the Edge is an event where individuals raise money to rappel down the 18-story Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Albany. For more information, visit Team Kevin Marshall’s America’s homepage on KevinMarshallOnline.com.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This