I’m over twice the age of the search engine that has become so necessary it’s a verb in our lexicon. I have two nieces older than Google. It really hasn’t been that long since we used it for…well, everything.
It seems so much longer, though. As if the days before Google were dark days indeed, where we as Barbarians wandered the ruins of a now mythical empire full of knowledge and wisdom. Then came Google, in all its four color glory, dragging us kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.
Before then, we had to do things like talk to each other, learn things, and retain information. But now we have Google. And it is 13 years old, and before Google there was nothing.
Happy birthday, information overlords. +1
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This