There’s an Occupy movement that all of you, particularly those who identify as “the 99%”, should partake in:
It’s called Election Day, and it’s happening right now.
If you’ve been engaged in any of the campouts across the nation, whether it be in front of a bronze bull or under a tree in Academy Park in dowtown Albany, then you owe it to yourself and your beliefs to be at your local polling place today. Because you can occupy whatever you want for however long you like, but if you’re not where you need to be when it matters, then what’s the damn point?
Make all the excuses you want – it’s an off year, there aren’t any federal elections, our gripe isn’t with our Mayors, these elections don’t matter. It’s all bunk. Democracy begins in your back yard. If you can’t be bothered to have a voice and take part in the most important elections – the ones that most directly affect your day to day life – then your quarrel should be with internal factors in addition to the 1%. Occupy the voting booth.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This