You can’t call me naive, because I expect this sort of thing, even in 2012. Even so, I still find this very distressing.
There are people out there who, under the thin veil of good intentions, continue to wage a war on progress and thought. It’s a war that too many of us try to fight back with politeness. But we can’t and shouldn’t deign respect for this repugnance.
Some years ago a term was coined to describe the brain drain in this country; it was called a “quiet crisis.” The more I see, hear, and read, the more I am convinced that the “quiet crisis” is itself a symptom of the continued advancement of anti-intellectual ideas.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This