You can’t call me naive, because I expect this sort of thing, even in 2012. Even so, I still find this very distressing.
There are people out there who, under the thin veil of good intentions, continue to wage a war on progress and thought. It’s a war that too many of us try to fight back with politeness. But we can’t and shouldn’t deign respect for this repugnance.
Some years ago a term was coined to describe the brain drain in this country; it was called a “quiet crisis.” The more I see, hear, and read, the more I am convinced that the “quiet crisis” is itself a symptom of the continued advancement of anti-intellectual ideas.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.