Unless you’re a dead person, you’ve seen “The Avengers” and you saw at least the first “post-credits” scene that revealed the villain for a future installment in the film franchise: Thanos.
If you cheered like the people in the theater I went to did, then you should go to the Woodstock Day School Comic Convention this Sunday and shake the hand of the man who created him: Jim Starlin.
Also at this event:
- Ron Marz, another comic legend and all-around great guy
- Matthew Dow Smith, great artist who’s done excellent work on IDW’s Doctor Who comics
- Joe Sinnott, one of the best inkers of all time and one of the few men who did the great Jack Kirby justice
- Richard Clark
- Jennifer Meyer
- David Rodriguez
- Discussion Panels
- Gallery: the History of Batman
- FREE Magic: The Gathering & Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments
- and more!
Should be a Hell of a time. It’s this Sunday, May 20th, from 12-5pm, and admission is only $5. Well worth it, and proceeds go to the Woodstock Day School.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.