I was just catching up on the day’s news and learned of the passing of former NBA great Manute Bol.
He made history at the time of his entry into the NBA as the tallest man to ever enter the sport. With his size, spirit, and charisma, he captured the attention of the sports world and translated that fame into advocacy by dedicating his life and much of his fortune to raising awareness and improving the plight of his fellow countrymen in the Sudan.
The world has lost an important humanitarian and a truly great man. The real tragedy of his passing is that it leaves a void in his homeland – and the world – that will be nigh impossible to fill. It is my hope that his legacy inspires people to continue the great work he had started in his all too brief time with us.
For more information, see my post from last month about Bol and his achievements.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This