If you haven’t already, you can still enter to win two tickets to see “A Conversation with Steve Martin” at The Palace Theater. Contest runs through Thursday at 11:59pm.
Combining aspects of performance art with self-exploration as a writer, friend and fellow TU blogger Daniel Nester has set up shop at the Troy Arts Center in Monument Square.
His Memoir Office is part of a bigger piece called The Memoir Project, where people share their experiences through art and the written word. This month the theme is Text as Art, of which Dan’s project specifically is a featured highlight.
When I read about it yesterday I got excited, since I remember him brainstorming the idea to me several months ago. To see what he was describing come to fruition was exciting. Unlike so many other writers who serve as academics, I’m drawn to Daniel’s work because it is wholly inorganic and without pretension. When he writes a line that is supposed to be amusing, he does not give the audience a phony wry smile.
Then, as I wrote those very words you just read, Daniel leaned over and drew a gigantic phallus on a page of my notebook.
Also, it wouldn’t kill you to get off your sorry ass and get a little culture.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This