A bonus Troy Night Out will occur this Friday, October 14th in conjunction with the MoHu Arts Festival.
Highlights include a live performance by Ben Karis-Nix in his own space at Design It Together, a performance by Capital Rep of Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Telltale Heart” in the Arts Center’s Black Box theater at 6:30pm and 8:00pm, and much more. Also, make sure you stop into Anchor No. 5 and holler at Kevin Marshall’s American reader (and store owner) Petra. She’s got some cool shit there. No joke.
Not to mention, of course, more art than you can shake a stick at. But why would you shake a stick at it? It’s art. Don’t shake your stick at art. C’mon.
Don’t forget that our regularly scheduled Troy Night Out (last Friday of every month sans December) is still on as well for October 28th. That one has a ton of events as well, including the highlight I’m personally looking forward to: Pulitzer Prize winner William Kennedy at Market Place Books for his new novel Chango’s Beads and Two-Tone Shoes. I’m about halfway through and it’s engrossing and gorgeously written.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This