Oh my God, you guys, 2011 is almost over and I have RESOLUTIONS!
“But resolutions are an empty gesture meant for glad-handing in an echo chamber. Real people who want to change don’t wait for blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah.”
– Miserable Fuck on the Internet
MFI: Shut up already. Nobody’s convinced or impressed with your attempt to appear superior.
Anyways, HERE GOES:
- Get more stand-up gigs in 2012. Specifically, get down to NYC. Because folks, real talk: it ain’t gonna happen in the Capital Region, dig? I had this conversation with a comic who was complaining about how you can’t make a living around here. Well, right. You have to go to NYC, LA, and/or travel.
- Fight in an amateur kickboxing bout. This MIGHT happen in February.
- Get down to NYC more often. Obviously I need to do this for exposure and work in front of real crowds, but more than that, I need to see my little nephew Caden and his mom & dad (my brother and sister-in-law) more often, along with BFFs Brian and Marla. We did not see nearly enough of each other in 2011.
- Run in a 10k race.
- Go on more dates. Real ones.
- Learn some basic Jiu-Jitsu.
- Finish a novel.
- Write a letter to Marc Maron.
- See more concerts.
- Lose the love handles.
Annnnnnnd scene. So long, 2011, you pepper-spraying topsy-turvy false-confidence-instilling son of a bitch.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This