Okay, firstly, start the video at the :18 second mark. I want you to get a load of the guy who gets a kiss on the head from the adorable girl sitting next to him but can’t be bothered to take his eyes off the image of himself on the JumboTron.
Then, a few seconds later, we get the awkward marriage proposal. While I feel awful for the guy, I also can’t help but wonder what he was thinking proposing to her at a college basketball game in a 3/4ths empty arena.
Also – and maybe I’m alone in this – but this is just the sort of thing I absolutely wouldn’t do at a public event. It’s not even a matter of potential for public embarrassment or shame. I just feel like something that momentous should either be a private moment shared by the two of you, or something shared with only those very closest to you. Again, no fault towards those that think otherwise, but that’s my two cents.
And I won’t ever become a viral video after someone says no.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This