As you may or may not know, I have another blog called Mixed Marshall Arts covering the world of combat sports & entertainment: MMA, boxing, and pro wrestling. Here’s a list of what’s gone down recently…
- The Real Nate Diaz
Tomorrow night is the third installment of UFC on Fox 3, headlined by Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller with a potential Lightweight title shot up for grabs. Ben Fowlkes (whom I consider the best pure writer covering MMA by a mile) has written a great profile piece on Nate Diaz that … Continue reading →
- Junior Seau, Concussions, and CTE: Should We Stop Supporting Football, MMA, etc.?
A lot is going through my head right now in the wake of Junior Seau’s suicide. If you’re a fan of sports, I’m sure a lot is going through yours as well. If not, then it should be. This should be giving everyone from the front offices to the bleachers … Continue reading →
- Nate Diaz Looks F***ing Thrilled to Be Making an Early Morning Appearance at the NASDAQ Exchange
Dana White and fighters from the forthcoming UFC on Fox 3 card (airing this Saturday) rang the bell this morning at the NASDAQ exchange. Check out the picture from MMAFighting.com, and pay particular attention to how thrilled Nate Diaz looks: Don’t be scared of your portfolio, homie.
- James Thompson on Fixed Fights in MMA; Why the Japanese Did It
Over on his blog, James Thompson — most famous for his days in Pride as the “Dong and Dash” journeyman who battered Frye in his final fight with the organization and infamously lost part of his cauliflower ear in a controversial fight with Kimbo Slice that aired in on CBS … Continue reading →
- WWE Blows Brock Lesnar’s Big Return
The headline from BJPenn.com says it all. The problem isn’t John Cena winning. Actually, he HAS to win a match against Lesnar to protect him as a main-eventer. People can say all they want about how wins and losses don’t matter anymore, but they still do, even if WWE Creative … Continue reading →
- Breaking News: The Rock is Very Obviously Back on Steroids, Big Time
Christ. Good thing he doesn’t have to piss into a cup, which I’m sure thrills the regular members of the WWE roster that have to do so without getting his huge payday for only working one match a year.
- It’s Time for Jim Lampley’s Ridiculous Goddamn Glasses of the Week
Chad Dawson just defeated Bernard Hopkins by majority decision to win the Ring Magazine WBC Light Heavyweight Championship. The fight was every bit as uneventful as we expected it to be, with Hopkins’ offensive highlights coming from a headbutt that opened up Dawson early in the fight and a takedown … Continue reading →
- Invicta Fighting Championship and Why Women’s MMA is Ready for the Big Stage
Check out this great hype video for tomorrow night’s Invicta Fighting Championship event, which includes former Strikeforce Bantamweight champion Marloes Coenen. The event will be streaming online — FOR FREE — at Invicta’s website. For those interested in seeing the finished product of the shoot, Esther Lin has the full gallery posted on Invicta … Continue reading →
- Upcoming Performance Dates and Why I’m Fighting
(Cross-posted from Kevin Marshall’s America) Friday, April 27th The Comedy Gold Showcase The Mine (Broadway, Saratoga NY) 8:00pm; FREE Facebook link Sunday, April 29th Happy Funtime All-Star Variety Show Rumpy’s Tavern (16 Church St., Lenox MA) 8:00pm; FREE Facebook link Saturday, May 5th Phil Spelman featuring Kevin Marshall Comic … Continue reading →
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This