Last night’s dream:
I met a woman, dark hair tied into her back. She asked me if I wanted to go to Austria with her. I said yes, desperately.
First we had to run down the coast toward New Orleans, then we’d be flown there. The catch was that we literally had to run there on foot. She suggested we stick to the shorelines, because running on the sandy beaches was easier on our feet and knees.
The dream clipped the run but we made it, though at times we would break into a shuffle until one of us would push the other to continue on. On the run, we overshot one of our stops and ended up running the length of a highway that ran into the Northern part of Louisiana. We took a roundabout way getting back, but finally made it.
To New Orleans, anyway. The dream ended before we could make it to Austria. But when we did arrive in the Big Easy, I made it a point to tell her that I’d always wanted to go there, and always had a strange, magical affinity for it.
It’s 2:00am. Still up because of a mid-afternoon nap that I took in-between a funeral and family visit and work. By work I mean promotional work for my stand-up and stuff for Spike TV.
I’m going to bed now. I hope I find her and hope I get to Vienna.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This