Just in case you’ve been completely unplugged and shut in today, President Obama finally came in support of gay marriage. Some cited the convenient timing with last night’s referendum in North Carolina, but […]
1. I’m not really surprised that the measure to legally define marriage as a union between a man and a woman passed. Yet it’s still a somber reminder that this nation still has a long way to go.
2. The disheartening reaction some have had in response to this reminded me of Neil Young’s “Alabama”:
I’ve written in the past that Rick Perry was George W. Bush but without the charm or charisma. I was, admittedly, being far too kind to the man who has had more work done on his face than all four Presidents on Mount Rushmore combined. […]
Courtesy of a video posted online by New York Now (see the 4:47 mark), I finally received the context from the picture of Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who voted against same-sex-marriage, holding up a glossy photo of Lady Gaga with a telephone on her […]
The most important lesson to take from the events of the last twenty-four hours is that passage of legislation legalizing same-sex marriage will not lead to moral decay and the destabilization of all we hold dear in our society.
You’re thinking of hockey.
Last night, after the Boston Bruins won game seven of the NHL […]
What made me proud to be a constituent of State Senator Roy McDonald wasn’t his public proclamation that he would be the 31st confirmed vote for gay marriage on the floor of the Senate. Rather, it was the fallout and what he […]
Yesterday was Capital Pride 2011, Albany’s annual showcase for its gay community to show its unity and strength in the face of what is, despite what many insist to the contrary, the last acceptable form of discrimination.
Naturally the parade drew its protestors. They came last […]
If you’re driving on the stretch of Interstate 787 that runs parallel to the border of New York State Senator Roy McDonald‘s district, you might notice a billboard urging him to support gay marriage:
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This