This is not a book a young man would or could write. There is the sense here of somebody who has seen and considered much, without letting his inner fire cool.
– John Sayles on William Kennedy’s Chango’s Beads and Two Tone Shoes in the Sunday Book Review (
WHAT: Nitty Gritty Slam
…WAIT, WHAT?: It’s a Slam Poetry event that started two weeks ago.
OH COOL. WHEN IS IT?: Sign up begins at 7:00pm. There’s a brief Open Mic at 7:30pm and the event proper starts at 8:00pm.
WHERE IS IT?: Valentine’s in Albany […]
Slam Poetry has finally returned to the Capital Region.
Tonight (Tuesday 9/6/11) marks the debut of Nitty Gritty Slam at Valentine’s, hosted by slam poets Dain Brammage and Mojavi. The cover is $5 and only $3 if you’re a student with college/University ID.
Doors open at 7:00pm and the event kicks off a half-hour later with […]
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This