The Academy Awards have never been stalwart protectors of fine art, but it seems to have degraded and become more shameless over time, particularly with its penchant for rewarding films that have little to no artistic merit or message other than being “a love letter to movies.” As if the inundation of montages for […]
The Shakespeare controversy, which emerged in the 19th century (at that time, theorists proposed that Francis Bacon was Shakespeare), was one of the origins of the willful ignorance and insidious false balance that is now rotting away our capacity to have meaningful discussions. The wider public, which has no reason to be familiar with questions […]
While George Lucas was busy fiddling with the Blu-Ray “Star Wars” compilation and inserting more garbage that ruins childhood memories, director Steven Spielberg was undoing a similarly infamous edit of “E.T.” for its Blu-Ray release.
For the 2002 re-release of E.T., Steven Spielberg digitally replaced all the […]
Sad news came early Saturday morning when it was announced that film director Sidney Lumet had passed away.
Lumet was one of the foremost filmmakers in Hollywood at a time when the Director was King and given unprecedented control and room to experiment. His […]
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This