While George Lucas was busy fiddling with the Blu-Ray “Star Wars” compilation and inserting more garbage that ruins childhood memories, director Steven Spielberg was undoing a similarly infamous edit of “E.T.” for its Blu-Ray release.
For the 2002 re-release of E.T., Steven Spielberg digitally replaced all the FBI agents’ guns with walkie-talkies. He never really explained why, but many assumed he was bowing to political correctness and concerned parents’ groups. Fortunately, as Yahoo! reports, he announced he will reverse the change for the upcoming Blu-Ray release of E.T.
What was a silly change done for even sillier reasons has finally been righted.
Now if we can only get Darth Vader to stop whining post-mortem…
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This