There’s one bus stop in downtown Troy which, like so many stops in so many cities throughout the nation, is one that you avoid. The reason being is that for whatever unknown reason, the most morally bankrupt, drugged-out individuals congregate there. It is a place where if you’re, say, reading a book, you’ll get harassed and when you tell the guy to fuck off, he calls you a queer and hits the newspaper vending machine as he skulks away (true story and it happened tonight).
There’s a better bus stop if you’re just willing to walk a couple blocks North. There, you can read and not be called a queer, not be harassed, and not have to listen to wild theories, tall tales, and factually inaccurate accounts of their day to day lives.
And this is why I don’t bother watching the GOP debates anymore. You know that you’re just going to hear some crazy shit and get yelled at for being smart. So why even go there when you can go anywhere else?
Besides, the reaction on Twitter is much more enthralling.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This