Perhaps more apt to say those people. As in loud-mouthed idiots.
The Gothamist has the full story on Bob Dylan’s appearance on WBAI radio in 1966 where he decided, against his best judgement, to take calls live on the air. It goes about as well as you’d expect.
It’s the mouth-breathers you’d expect. What’s remarkable, though, is how similar it is to what you read in the comments section of blogs and online articles; people who don’t really have a particularly unique perspective, solid critique, or original idea in their heads, but convince themselves otherwise before dialing in to the station. And forty years later, their children and grandchildren are leaving comments.
The times, they aren’t a-changin’ all that much.
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This