As you may or may not know, I have another blog called Mixed Marshall Arts covering the world of combat sports & entertainment: MMA, boxing, and pro wrestling. Here’s a list of what’s gone down recently…
- Future Endeavor Friday: Kenny Florian Retires, Floyd Mayweather Goes to Jail, Randy Orton Suspended
Kenny Florian has officially announced his retirement from the sport, citing a lingering back injury. Florian, as I mention in today’s article for Spike MMA & Sports (coming later today), is one of those fighters who has plenty of reasons not to get punched in the face for a living. He’s a … Continue reading →
- Why Lord Tensai Didn’t Work
There’s been a bit of reshuffling in WWE Creative lately. As Dave Meltzer’s reported, the Big Show turn was done because the Lord Tensai character went over with the WWE’s audience like a lead balloon, except a lead balloon would at least make a noise when it hit the ground. … Continue reading →
- UFC 146 Fat Boy Fallout – JDS Retains, Varner is Back, What Mayhem Did(n’t) Do Backstage, Lesnar Meets with White, and more
What a card to miss. I was at a friend’s apartment for his birthday and, because I’m not an anti-social creep, didn’t deign to suggest that all forty people who weren’t fight fans chip in to order a pay-per-view. I read the results on Twitter, though, and throughout the night … Continue reading →
- New article for SpikeTV MMA-Sports: on Sonnen and TRT
This week’s essay on Spike.com‘s #MMA-Sports site is on Chael Sonnen’s TRT exemption and the troubling precedent it sets: Like so many other people reading this, I’m a fan of Chael Sonnen despite my best intentions. It’s the old pro wrestling fan in me. The guy is a brilliant self-promoter; crazy like a … Continue reading →
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This
The All-in-One Event Calendar core theme files are out of date and the calendar has been temporarily disabled. To enable the calendar, an administrator must log into the WordPress dashboard and follow the instructions.