1. I’m not really surprised that the measure to legally define marriage as a union between a man and a woman passed. Yet it’s still a somber reminder that this nation still has a long way to go.
2. The disheartening reaction some have had in response to this reminded me of Neil Young’s “Alabama”:
Charges will not be pursued against Ward Stone, the former head pathologist of New York State’s Department of Environmental Conservation who was accused last year of mis-use of taxpayer dollars, taking up residence at the DEC, inappropriate use of state vehicles, […]
If I hadn’t been booked a couple months in advance for the Jimmy Pigfeet Challenge and the subsequent stand-up comedy show in Coxsackie, I’d be in downtown Troy for this event. Trust me. Hell, I’m going […]
The New York State Senate passed the bill to legalize Mixed Martial Arts in the Empire State by a slightly larger margin than last year (43-14), but still faces uncertainty in the State Assembly. In the previous two years, the bill to legalize MMA (full text of bill) passed […]
>:O Lists that purport to comprehensively rank uber-subjective and intangible concepts like “funniest.” Lists that purport to comprehensively rank uber-subjective and intangible concepts like “influential.” People complimenting other people on their tweets. It’s not a […]
The file, composed […]
Due to Northeast Health’s recent mergers with Catholic organizations, two of Troy’s three hospitals – St. Mary’s and […]
Someone passed this along to me anonymously right before I left work. Just got around to reading and…wow.
From The Albany Newspaper Guild’s response to Kristi Gustafson-Barlette’s anti-union comments on her Facebook:
“I find unions protect the weak, and don’t produce viable results. People don’t […]
I’m not a foodie by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I find much about foodie culture to be pretentious, cumbersome and borderline offensive. But I’ll spare you that rant. However, I do find myself reading Daniel Berman’s FUSSYlittleBlog, if only because he can actually write and addresses […]
You can’t call me naive, because I expect this sort of thing, even in 2012. Even so, I still find this very distressing.
There are people out there who, under the thin veil of good intentions, continue to wage a war on progress and thought. […]
- Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
- Listen to me LIVE as guest co-host of Alternative to Sleeping tonight at 10pm!
- Realtors: “WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” George Hearst III: “NONONOO SSSSHHH IT’S OKAY, it’s okay…here. Here’s a pacifier.” Kristi: “#oops.”
- Open Mic web series premiere tonight @ Lark Tavern
- Trust Me, You’re Going to Want to See This